Backdrop CMS is Drupal 7, but it includes many of the features you'll find in Drupal 8. It's been optimized for performance, and improved for usability. Backdrop is targeted towards companies and organizations who are delivering comprehensive websites on a budget. This introductory training will cover the basics of creating and administering a website with Backdrop CMS.
- Training Itinerary: http://bit.ly/backdrop-half-day-training
- Zoom link: http://bit.ly/backdrop-meetings
In this half-day workshop all students will build their own portfolio website on Backdrop CMS. We'll walk through each of the steps required to build this website on Backdrop core. Students will be asked to follow along.
* Logging in - the new dashboard
* Creating content - differences between a page and a post
* Creating content types - adjusting settings, and adding fields
* Content display - customizing how field data will be rendered
* Views - very basic high level overview
* Layouts - modifying existing layouts & creating new layouts
* Configuration management - exporting & importing
* Modules - how to install without leaving your site
There will be plenty of time throughout the day for questions and answers.