BADCamp is an event that brings together Open-Source professionals from around the globe.
BADCamp is dedicated to providing a safe, inclusive, welcoming, professional, and harassment-free conference experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion and any other status protected by laws in which the conference or program is being held.
Along with providing a safe and inclusive environment, we welcome everyone to participate in every facet of camp.
In 2020 we will be:
- Devoting at least 35% of all accepted sessions to speakers of underrepresented groups or first-time speakers
- Reaching out to underrepresented groups to encourage their participation in training, speaking, contributing, and attendance
- Committed to having a diverse organizing team
- Hosting our conference with an accessible platform
- Committed to having a website that is accessible
- Providing resources to Speakers, Trainers, and Organizers on how to create inclusive presentations
- Encouraging presenters to use software that allows real-time captioning
The BADCamp Code of Conduct ensures we collectively create this kind of experience and describes how we will enforce this code throughout the event.