This presentation will cover the basics of getting started with Layout Builder. Drupal's Layout Builder allows content editors, site builders, and themers to create visual layouts for displaying content. Users can customize how content is arranged on a single page, across types of content, or even create custom landing pages with an easy to use drag-and-drop interface.
In this session, we will cover the following:
- How to get up and running and the basics of setting up a content type for Layout Builder
- Discuss some of the many useful contrib. modules and how they can help enhance Layout Builder for site building and theming
- How Layout Builder overrides work
- How to add custom classes and styles to Layout Builder sections and blocks
- How to add a Ctools entity view as a Layout Builder block in order to create a "wrapper" around selected fields
- How Drupal view modes come into play to boost the power of Layout Builder
- How to use Layout Builder Library, a powerful module that lets content editors switch layouts on the fly
I will give a live demo as well.
Link to presentation (copy paste)