Drupal is well known for building multilingual sites due to its native support for building multilingual sites and versatile multilingual API.
Due to globalization, it is essential to have a multilingual site to sever the visitors in their own language and attract a very diverse audience.
In this session, we will be sharing lessons we learned while building a multilingual site that serves millions of requests a month.
We will discuss:
- Drupal's capability to implement multilingual functionality.
- How to set up the multilingual site which adheres to Drupal’s best practices.
- Drupal Core API that we can leverage in custom modules
- Content architecture to consider while building multilingual sites
- Configuration management for the multilingual sites
- Content and configuration translations
- Language negotiation plugins, configuration translation
- Building multilingual search, handing translations in custom modules and translation deployment