Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization.
The Senior Technical Writer helps shape the structure of technical documentation and complimentary learning paths, reports on key metrics, and helps customer-facing teams develop processes for structuring, sharing, and curating knowledge.
Cool Things You’ll Do
Your primary responsibility will be to work with cross-departmental teams to strategize, develop, write, edit and maintain technical content for the Pantheon platform.
- Continuously improve Pantheon’s internal and public documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, customer success managers, support teams, customers, and others.
- Review and edit content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce content for using Pantheon features, including contextual content that clarifies why and when a user might use a feature or workflow.
- Help developers and other members of the community who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the Pantheon community.
- Continuously improve the Pantheon documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with the Technical Documentation team. These efforts might include the documentation site’s design, search, information architecture, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the improvement of Docs Team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
In addition to their duties as a Technical Writer (listed above), the Senior Technical Writer:
- Provides project management planning and support to large content initiatives, such as section reviews and revamps.
- Plans and leads documentation site feature enhancement initiatives.
- Mentors newly hired technical writers, and plans new cross-functional efforts.
What you Bring to the Table
- Extensive experience as a technical writer.
- Experience producing documentation for a variety of products and services.
- Some experience planning and leading major initiatives, such as the launch of new documentation resources, large-scale documentation reviews, and cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience with static site generators and React components.
- Experience managing docs as code, and the nuances of differing markup standards and rendering engines.
- Experience establishing processes used by teams across an organization in support of documentation.
- Demonstrated use of data in evidenced-based decision making.
- Experience with WebOps tools and some degree of frontend or backend engineering.
- Ability to thrive in an environment where continuous learning and knowledge sharing is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.