Esteemed is looking for a full-stack React/Node developer!
The ideal candidate will have a sense of ownership, and be comfortable with an evolving process, as we take our tech stack Headless. Experience with a high-traffic, publically-facing site is important.
This is a true full-stack role, so you must be proficient in both front end and databases, doing your own DevOps. API experience and GraphQL are huge factors. A basic familiarity with Drupal is helpful, as you will interact with Drupal databases and APIs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering degree
- 5-7 years of relevant engineering experience
- Strong command of object oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with large scale direct to consumer web applications
- Proficiency in coding and delivering products using Node, React and Typescript
- Knowledge of at least one other programming language (PHP, Ruby, Python, GO etc.)
- Understanding of both SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Postgresql, MongoDB/DocumentDB and Elastic Search
- Experience building restful web services using Express.js or the Serverless Framework
- Competency in AWS EC2, RDS, S3, and ElastiCache
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Nice to have experience with GraphQL, Lambdas and Next.js
ABOUT THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, build and maintain high quality, scalable product deployments to backend systems and tools that are critical to internal teams such as Marketing, Customer Service and Design Team.
- Work with teams to respond to, triage and resolve issues arising from customer and internal feedback.
- Work with our Product Management team to evaluate and execute designs and improvements to consumer facing stationary products as well as administrative tools for managing those products.
- Enable and participate in a DevOps culture in the Product Development organization. Monitor system uptime, response times, and product quality.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management
- Have a knack for prioritizing efficiently and multi-tasking
- Self-directed with the ability to take initiative
- Enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change