We have missed our Drupal friends immensely and really are excited that the Drupal Community is opening up again and having in-person events.
Our friends at Florida DrupalCamp were the last to hold an in-person camp-event in North America in Feb 2020, and they are the first to reconvene in person. They will be meeting in person Feb 18-20 in sunny Orlando Florida.
Several of our organizers, past attendees, and volunteers will be attending so we want to share some details from their organizers.
From our friends at Florida DrupalCamp
Florida Drupal Camp is a little over a month away and we are excited to announce we have a full lineup of speakers and trainers. From OOP and accessibility to DevOps and theming, we have programming for everyone!
A word about COVID & safety at FLDC 2022
Our goal with hosting FLDC 2022 in person is to make it the safest in-person DrupalCamp possible. We know that the Omicron variant has given many people pause about attending in person, so we wanted to share the steps we are taking to protect everyone at the Camp:
- All attendees, sponsors, and volunteers are expected to be fully vaccinated.
- Per our venue’s policies, all persons must properly wear a mask/face covering at all times.
- Common areas (lunch area, auditorium) will be marked and spaced to allow proper social distancing.
- We’ve purchased supplies for and will be building ten Corsi-Rosenthal box filters for every room, which evidence suggests reduces the amount of potential viral particles.
- Doors and windows will be propped open where possible, ensuring that the balmy 75ºF fresh air flows through the building.
- Weather permitting, we will be serving and eating lunch outside.
As the Camp grows closer, any additional steps we can take to ensure the safety of in-person attendees, we will take. We miss everyone and want to see you in person, while still practicing proper safety. You can read more about our policies here and we do hope you will attend. Visit our covid page for more information.
Early bird registration ends in less than 2 days!
There is still time to save on your FLDC 2022 registration! From now until January 14th, tickets are only $50 (plus $10 for Friday Trainings). We promise that this year's Camp will be a blast and a great time for everyone so don't miss out - buy your tickets today!
We have a special secret, not-so-secret discount for folks reading this email. Enter the code “BADCampFriendsFLDC2022” and receive 25% off ticket prices. Be sure to register soon, there are limited discount codes available.
Cristina is the Senior front-end developer at Lullabot, Drupal core framework manager, and core Admin UI initiative lead. She will be presenting: Present and future of Drupal’s Administrative Interface where she will talk about the plans and goals for improving Drupal’s admin UI in several ways and for various users: from cosmetic redesigns to major changes that might change how we interact with Drupal. (https://www.fldrupal.camp/session/present-and-future-drupals-administrative-interface)
The Drupal Association
The Drupal Association (DA) is the non-profit organization focused on accelerating Drupal, fostering the growth of the Drupal community, and supporting the project’s vision to create a safe, secure, and open web for everyone. Join us for a Q&A session, ask questions and get to know the people who are here to support our community. This event will be a hybrid event and broadcast live on (and take questions from) the internet. (https://www.fldrupal.camp/u/drupal-association)
Coming up at San Francisco Drupal User Group
Join us for networking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing at our upcoming meetups. We will still be meeting virtually in Zoom at least through the summer.
- January 13 - ECA (Event Condition Action): New rules engine for Drupal 9+ with Jürgen Haas
- February 10 - DevOps for frontend developers (who can't backend good and wanna learn to understand other stuff good, too with Tearyne Almendariz
- March 10 - Tighten up your Drupal code using PHPStan with Matt Glaman
- April - TBA - We usually reserve the Meetup before DrupalCon for folks who would like to run through their DrupalCon sessions.
- May 12 - "Engineering! I need more power!" Kubernetes Operators to power your StarFleet with Tess Flynn