This role can be based remote but we would prefer someone on the East coast.
Pantheon is the only WebOps platform built from the ground up for agility. We help our customers win, where the digital experience starts and matters most - their websites. We empower teams of developers, marketers, and IT professionals to focus on delivering business results while Pantheon handles uptime, performance, scalability, and security. We are the fastest growing Drupal and WordPress platform in the world, powering over 285,000 sites and serving billions of pages every month. Happy customers include some of the most recognized names in high tech, higher education, and NGOs, such as Patch, Apigee, UC Berkeley, Arizona State University, and the United Nations.
With 35% of the web running open-source, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our sales organization. That’s where you come in.
Things You’ll Do
In this role, you will directly impact the successful execution of Pantheon’s go to market strategy over the next several years. The Presales team sits at the nexus of our sales, product and marketing organizations, driving the critical strategic and tactical conversations that help our prospects to ultimately become delighted customers. We traffic mission-critical information across the organization in a way that streamlines the sales process, improves our products, and helps shape companywide strategic initiatives. Partnering with the sales organization, you will help demonstrate the value of our cutting-edge WebOps platform so that prospects and customers can clearly see themselves successfully achieving their goals with Pantheon.
- Demonstrate Pantheon value and technical capabilities to qualify and close customers
- Collaborate across all departments to advance the dynamics of our go-to-market strategy
- Align with the product organization to ensure value proposition is fully represented and provide customer feedback to further evolve our product and services offerings
- Communicate the differentiated value of our platform, deliver compelling product demos and technical presentations to prospective customers and current clients
- Partner with our account executives to help provide discovery and insight into our customers’ requirements to map our solutions to best serve their business objectives
- Work with the sales leadership team to shorten new account executives onboarding ramp, provide insight to the sales team via sales and domain training, and provide direct feedback with respect to customer lifecycle management and sales process
What You Bring To The Table
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of sales engineering experience and demonstrated ability to understand and be comfortable with technical product offerings
- Deep technical knowledge of web infrastructure
- Drupal or WordPress experience
- Strong consultative sales skills and experience establishing yourself as a customer-facing trusted advisor to your customers
- Growth & solution-based mindset
- Strong, team-oriented work ethic with a willingness to go the extra mile to lead and create impact within the organization
Bonus Points For
- PaaS/SaaS experience
- Experience with marketing technologies around testing, personalization, and messaging (e.g. Optimizely, Marketo, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with advanced web developer workflows using automation tools, including CircleCI, Travis, Jenkins, GitLab, Automated Testing Tools, Visual Regression Tools, Cypress
- Scalable web architecture experience
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)