You are an experienced Data Platform Engineer that is open to work remotely or onsite at our San Francisco or Minneapolis office (on US hours.) Your expertise will help us continue to innovate and manage complexity as we (and our data) grow in size, feature depth and across data centers. Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Cool Stuff You'll Do
- Create an automated, state of the art, data platform for various job types and sizes
- Help stabilize a standard deployment pattern that will enable us to grow our data platform service capabilities for the company
- Close collaboration with the wider engineering team to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technology initiatives
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
What You Bring to the Table
- Knowledge of large-scale platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world, especially for data transfers and manipulations (both streaming and batch)
- Experience with a variety of data store types, tech stacks, and the tradeoffs between them.
- Experience with scripting the creation of dynamic platform infrastructures hosted by one or more cloud providers such as Google or AWS.
- Desire to work on a new project and participate in the design and documentation activities related to the creation of new infrastructure.
Bonus Points for
- Strong experience in Python
- Automating infrastructure with kubernetes
- Scheduling ETLs using Airflow
- Exposure to frameworks such as Django
- Experience working on new “greenfield” projects
- Experience supporting data scientists and analysts through PaaS
What We Offer
- Fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog-friendly office (HQ)
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Monthly gym and book allowance
- Fully loaded kitchen and daily catered lunches (HQ, NY, MN)
- Discounts on custom bicycles (the founders of Pantheon also founded Mission Bicycle)