Mid Level Full Stack Drupal Developer (100% Remote - Contract)
- Reporting to the Manager, Web & Mobile Services; the Sr. Applications Systems Developer will provide full-stack solutions built on the Drupal 8 framework, as well as support and maintenance of current and future Drupal environments and sites.
- Strong knowledge of Drupal 8's theming and API system required as well as strong knowledge of Drupal 8's framework and module environment.
- Custom module building within the Drupal 8 framework is a must.
- Expert knowledge informing SQL statements (Select, Joins, Group By) and using Drupal's database layer.
- Must be comfortable working with Git source control in a team environment.
- Collaborates with other application developers and project managers to perform site and application development and optimizations on the Drupal 8 platform.
- Understands and implements basic usability principles and guidelines related to responsive web design and mobile-friendly development.
- Contributes to and assists in developing test plans and provides technical support in all phases of testing and QA leading to implementation.
- Perform routine maintenance, updates, and support for all Drupal infrastructure and environments.
- Interacts well with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
Specific Minimum Qualifications
- Proficiency in Drupal 8 theme layer and API is a must.
- Ability to build advanced custom modules is a must.
- At least five years of experience building web applications with a PHP-based CMS.
- Proficiency in web-related Unix administration and Unix-style command line.
- Working within AWS beanstalk is a plus.
- Strong understanding of debugging for the browser, developing for cross browsers and devices.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented PHP, Drupal 8 core, and it's structure including backend PHP debugging
- Strong knowledge of managing Drupal 8 infrastructure, including core/modules maintenance utilizing composer, Drush, git, and Jenkins.
- Strong understanding of accessibility standards (WCAG AA, ADA Section 508) and how to implement compliant solutions.
- Expert in building workflow type applications.
- Understanding of coding security best practices and protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with changing priorities and multiple projects.
- Precision and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to do weekend and off-hour work on occasion.
- Experience in building custom applications containing various integrations and data migration
- Expert knowledge of the LAMP stack and its functionalities.
- Knowledge of project/software development life cycle protocols
- Strong attention to detail.
- Weekend and off-hour work may be necessary on occasion.