Esteemed is now in the process of interviewing “Drupal Developer/Designer” candidates for a three-month short term project.
The position is available immediately. Please see below the Responsibilities and requirements of the position.
Within delegated authority, the Drupal Developer/Designer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop a custom theme for the media.un.org websites that are compliant with Client's web design styles and standards, information security, ICT technology standards, multilingualism and accessibility. The theme should support all official languages;
- Develop custom Drupal 7 modules to bridge gaps in functionalities of the Drupal 7 CMS that the Drupal core and contributed modules are not able to;
- Configure Organic Groups module to manage access to resources in the Drupal CMS and design user permissions and roles policy and implement it in the Drupal CMS;
- Review and implement solutions to tighten the security of the Drupal 7 CMS in order to comply with all the UN OICT information security standards for the identified security classification of the data on the media.un.org websites;
- Implement the integration of Drupal 7 CMS with Azure AD;
- Implement social media integration and SEO optimization for the Drupal 7 based media.un.org websites including the addition of google cards;
- Prepare technical documentation, testing plans and training/knowledge transfer for all the products developed.
- Proficiency in using Git and related workflows for source control management;
- Proficiency in responsive Web Design (RWD) skills in building responsive web site templates using Grid Frameworks (i.e. Bootstrap), CSS/ CSS3 media queries and HTML/HTML5;
- Proficiency in developing Drupal 7 themes;
- Proficiency in developing Drupal 7 modules;
- Experience in the development and deployment of integrated Drupal 7 based systems across multiple environments;
- Experience in Drupal 7 Organic Groups module, user and permissions management;
- Experience with Drupal 7 multilingualism and in particular Drupal 7 entity translation;
- Ability to analyse requirements from diverse users and write detailed technical / functional specifications;
- Experience with Drupal integration with Apache Solr enterprise search engine (Version 4 and above);
- Working experience in designing and developing integrated solutions that exchange information seamlessly and securely via vendor/third party REST APIs, open source solutions or custom solutions and directory services in particular Azure AD.
- Working with websites that support multimedia assets (video, audio, photos, text and graphics),
- Ability to visualize and communicate software and system design architectures using tools like UML and Visio.
- Knowledge of cloud-based services (i.e Amazon, Azure, etc.), cloud architecture and information security;
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL);
- Knowledge of project management methodologies such as PRINCE2;
- Knowledge of Digital Assets Management systems and video streaming system/services;